- Department: – Agricultural and Mechanical Engineering
- College / Faculty: – College of Engineering&Environmental Studies, Ibogun Campus
- Place of Birth: – Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria
- Nationality: – Nigerian
- Local Government Area: – Abeokuta South
- Marital Status: – Married
- Number of Children: – Two
- Home Address: – 35, Dental Centre Street, Ago Ijesha, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
- Name and Address of Spouse: – Mrs. Oluwabunmi. D. Sosanya, 35, Dental Centre Street, Ago Ijesha, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
- Name and Address of Next of Kin: Mrs. Oluwabunmi. D. Sosanya, 35, Dental Centre Street, Ago Ijesha, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
Date of 1st Appointment: – 9th April, 2014; Assistant Lecturer
Status on 1st Appointment and Salary: Assistant Lecturer, CONUASS 2 Step 1
Date of Last Promotion/Re-grading: – 16th May, 2014
Present Position and Salary: – Lecturer II, CONUASS 3 Step Date of Confirmation of Appointment: – Nil
If not confirmed, Why? – Still awaiting regularization of appointment
Period of Present Contract: – N/A
Total Number of Years of Teaching and Research:
Polytechnic/College of Education: – Nil
University: – 1 year
Academic Qualification/Institutions Attended With
i. M.Sc., Agricultural and Environmental Engineering 2007 University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
B.Eng. (Hons), Agricultural Engineering 2002 Federal University of technology, Akure, Nigeria
NYSC 2003 – 2004
Okumo Secondary School Lobia, Southern Ijaw Local Government, Bayelsa State
Amec Engineering Nigeria Limited, Trainee Engineer 2004 – 2005 Port Harcourt
Assisted in carrying out site visit and preparation of detailed site visit report to consultants.
Assisted in preparation of tender document on River Basin Development, Economic and financial benefit-cost analysis.
Assisted in preparation of technical tenders, BEME and information memorandum.
Amec Engineering Nigeria Limited, Project Engineer 2007 – 2009 Port Harcourt
Design Construction and preparation of document on Environmental concerns of Large and medium scale irrigation projects, site monitoring and Evaluation.
- Onsite assessment operation of installed waste treatment plants and incinerators in compliance with established limits at University Teaching Hospital, Port Harcourt.
- Statistical analysis of field data (air, water and soil) collected by field Environmental technologists from oil-polluted sites in Lobia, Southern Ijaw LGA, Bayelsa State.
- Preparation of the environmental impact Assessment reports of some upstream petroleum industries in Ikwere Local Government area of River State.
Adeyemi Comprehensive College, Teacher 2009 – 2014 Monotan, Ibadan
Physics Teacher for SS1, SS2 and SS3.
Mathematics Teacher for SS1
- Introductory Technology Teacher for JS1, JS2 and JS3.
Olabisi Onabanjo University, Assistant Lecturer April 2014 Ago-Iwoye, Nigeria
Olabisi Onabanjo University, Lecturer lI May 2014 Ago-Iwoye, Nigeria
Details of Professional Experience at Olabisi Onabanjo UniversityDetails of Teaching Function at Olabisi Onabanjo University:
FEG 201 – Engineering Mathematics I – 3 Units
AEG 302 – Hydrology – 3 Units
AEG 401 – Farm Structure and Environmental control – 3 Units
AEG 403 – Environmental Engineering – 3 Units
AEG 508 – Modeling of Agricultural and Environmental System – 3 Units
AEG 509/510 – Research Project – 6 Units
Administrative Functions and Contributions to the University:
Secretary, Committee on the review of Faculty of Engineering courses
Member, Faculty of Engineering research committee
- Development of prospectus and proposal for Agricultural Engineering Post graduate programmes
- Level Advisor (300 level), Agricultural Engineering Programme
Post B. Sc Research Experience
Federal University of Tech. Akure Mission Research Research Assistant 2002
Studies on the impact of the upstream petroleum industries activities on the drainages of Ondo State Coaster waters.
Application of simulation modeling in Engineering Design (Seminar Paper Presentation B. Eng) Pp 1-12.
- Design and performance evaluation of a straw walker (final year project, B. Eng) Pp 1-78.
- Effective management of small scale Abattoir Waste: Case Study of Lafenwa municipal Abattoir (Seminar Paper presentation, M.Sc). Pp 1-25
- Impact of Cement Production on Air, Soil and Water: Case Study of West African Portland Cement, Ewekoro Local Government, Ogun State (Final Project, M.Sc) Pp 1-101. Solomon O. Giwa, Nurudeen S. Lawal, Kayode O. Adama, Abolade O. Sosanya. Soil contamination through selected e-waste dismantling: A case study of Olusosun dumpsite, Lagos State, Nigeria. Journal of Engineering and Environmental Studies, (March, 2014). CEES, OOU, Nigeria.
Research in Progress:
Design and Construction of an improved traditional fish smoking kiln in south western Nigeria
- Physical properties of Hog Plum (Spondias mombin) seed
- Assessment of the mineral and toxic constituents of Hog Plum (Spondias mombin) seed oil
- Production and characterisation of biodiesel from Hog Plum (Spondias mombin) Seed oil
- Production of ethanol from hydrolysis of cellulose material
- Assessment of Polycyclic Aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) in Smoke Cured Cat Fish
- Groundwater pollution from dump site: A case study of Nitel dump site Ifo, Ifo local Government Area, Ogun state .
- Mathematical modeling drying process in fish smoking kiln
NSE and COREN Registration in progress.
Spreadsheet Software-Microsoft Excel
Word Processing Software-Microsoft
Computer aided Design Software-AutoCAD
- Word presentation software- Microsoft PowerPoint
Prof. K. Ogedengbe Agricultural and Environmental Engineering Department University of Ibadan, Nigeria
Dr. T.M. Samuel
Dean, Faculty of Engineering
College of Engineering and Environmental Studies
Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Nigeria
- Meeting people, Researching, Surfing the Internet and Football