The design programme is the heart of the academic work of this department, and so account for a substantial portion of the requirements for graduation. The studio project is structured to help the development of the creative potential of the individual student in a studio environment.
The dynamic natures of the built environment vis-à-vis the individual student’s awareness are sensitive to this environment as simulated in the studio environment are critical to this development process.
Guidelines for assessing design project
The following are the yardstick for measuring, grading or assessing design studio in this department.
- Site analysis and response to site condition – 10 points
- Concept Development – 20 points
- Creativity – 20 points
- Structures, Construction details, Material science –
- Oral Presentation – 10 points
- Graphical communication, Draughtsmanship – 10 points
- 3D presentations: Perspective, Axonometric, Models etc. – 10 points
Total – 100 POINTS